The skin is the largest organ in the body and the state of our complexion gives us an idea of what’s happening on the inside. Whilst using highly active, certified organic and toxin-free skincare topically that has been recommended/diagnosed by a professional is a must have for healthy glowing skin so is eating a variety of healing foods.
- fermented foods – kimchi, vinegar, sauerkraut and kombucha are all fermented. Fermented foods help balance the bacteria in your gut, having a good balance of bacteria can improve your immune system and your skin because as The Beauty Chef says “beauty begins in the belly”. You can also add probiotics supplements into your routine just like The Beauty Chef supplements, they have 6 billion pre and probiotics in every teaspoon you mix into your smoothie or water. We have been a stockist of The Beauty Chef for 2 years now and with the results that it provides to our clientele it’s a no-brainer that beauty really does begin in the belly!
- Salmon – contains a high amount of dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) which protects the skin by strengthening cell membranes to help signs of ageing.
- Eggs – contain choline and lutein both vital for healthy skin. Choline is responsible for healthy smooth skin while lutein helps elasticity and prevents damage. Did you know if you have a little burn, you can put egg whites straight on it (on a fresh burn) and it will heal the skin very quickly that it might not even scar? Because of all the vitamins, minerals and collagen it will rapidly repair the skin structure.
- Spinach and other leafy greens – contain alpha lipoid acid (ALA), these vegetables have a high concentration of antioxidants that fight free radicals and acts as anti-inflammatories.
- Matcha green tea – has abundance of antioxidants, in fact studies have shown Match tea has 137 times the amount over regular green tea (you have to drink 10 regular green tea’s to get the same anti-oxidants as Matcha green tea). Matcha has 60.5 times the antioxidants than spinach, 6.2 than goji berries and 17 times the amount in blueberries! Match Green Tea is available in the salon as we are also a stockist of the famous Matcha Maiden brand and serve this traditional Japanese tea in our Goddess Facial Package.